What artist do you most identify with?
I’m drawn to art that is materially driven and process oriented exploring what can be done with the medium and taking it to an unexpected conclusion.
Where can people find you hanging out?
I like to see and support other artists at their openings. The TK building and the ID are my stomping grounds. ArtXchange Gallery is my heart and art family. Whereever there is a ping pong table is where I can be found.
What are things you like about our arts community?
We are blessed to be in a wonderfully active arts community where the problem lies in not being able to attend everything that is happening. I find Seattle to be a hugely supportive community. We are lucky to have Artist Trust, 4Culture and the Office of Arts & Culture supporting individual artists, projects and groups. The arts across disciplines are strong. I particularly enjoy contemporary dance like Whim W’him which is a great source of inspiration.
What is your favorite museum here in Seattle?
The Wing Luke Asian Museum feeds my need to connect culturally and artistically. The Wing always strives to give voice and opportunity to historical and contemporary concerns of diverse communities. We’re lucky to have great regional museums in the Pacific Northwest. Bainbridge Island Museum of Art is beautiful. Bellevue Arts Museum produces interesting shows, Whatcom County Museum in Bellingham, Museum of Northwest Art in LaConner, Tacoma Art Museum are all wonderful.
Who are your creative heroes and why?
To name a few: Ernesto Neto, Tara Donovan, Ann Hamilton all for their interesting, explorative use of material and content and process of discovery.
- Within/Without at ArtXchange Gallery (Seattle)
- Pattern Play at ArtXchange Gallery (Seattle)
- A Brief Walk on the Edge at Shift (Seattle)
- Expressing Lineage at ArtXchange Gallery (Seattle)
- Elemental at Sculpture Northwest (Bellingham)
- Logic of Chance at Gallery One (Ellensburg)
- Thought Patterns at Bainbridge Island Museum of Art (Winslow)
- Bellevue Arts Museum Biennial, Knock on Wood (Bellevue)
- Ethnic Heritage Art Gallery, Seattle Municipal Tower (Seattle)
- Fall City Library (Fall City)
- Chefchaouen Municipality (Chefchaouen, Morocco)
- City of Seattle Portable Works (Seattle)
- Legacy Partners (Seattle)